Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Diary of an Unemployed Wanderer, Part 10


Three weeks.
I’ve been gone for three weeks.  I haven’t touched a computer for three weeks.  Holy…something.  If anyone is keeping up with this thing…sorry.  I’ve been busy.  Doing what?  Being alive.
I never realized how hard that statement really is.  Society never really takes into account all the things we do for ourselves.  The things we do not for anything more than it’s right.  Things like food.  Water…flu shots…yes, I’ve been out for three weeks with the flu.
I caught it in the middle of October, and thought I’d be out for a couple days.  Have a nice story about how interesting it is to actually have the flu.  And then I realized that I was roughing it along the Mississippi river.  In Iowa.  In October.  The stupid award goes to me, I know.
But enough about illnesses.  I’m back, and showered, and I’m finally feeling better.  And still unemployed.  No, the ID thing has been on hold.  I realized that a flu-stricken English teacher was not exactly the best resume to hand in.  So now I’m here, raring to go.
And unemployed.  And running out of illegal money.
I need to do something…

No comments:

Post a Comment