Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Would You Frisk Me?

To whom it may concern,
I don't know what happens in Ferguson, Missouri.  I don't know what's happening in Los Angeles, or El Paso, or Miami, or New York City, or anywhere else that this may happen.  I just want everyone to look at this picture.
It's me.  I'm a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant who can trace his lineage back to the Mayflower.  If you would stop me on the block for walking, then Darren Wilson was right and proper.  But if you would never think I had committed a crime simply because I was walking, then Michael Brown should be alive now.  He was profiled for being black, and young, and obviously guilty of something.
Please don't let this double-standard remain.  Don't let me walk away and he remain to be frisked.  Please don't let this stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment