Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Diary of an Unemployed Wanderer, part 2


August 19, 2012

Dear Journal,
Something strange is going on.  I haven’t been able to write for a week, and that in and of itself…you know…bothers me.  I mean, I have superpowers, and yet I can’t even write once a day?  Why can’t I keep up with a diary…I mean, journal?
I think the reason is because I’ve been experimenting.  I know I said last week I have superpowers (AND I DO!) but I haven’t been able to figure out everything they do.  So I’ve been trying to teleport (ended up falling off the bed), put my back into super strength (and I haven’t been able to get my back, well, back)…I even attempted to use x-ray vision (and that girl really didn’t understand…by the way, I have a court date on Tuesday).  So what kind of superpowers do I have?
Oh, right, maybe I should introduce myself.  Gary Plummer, high school English teacher…former, I should say.  And no, I haven’t been able to find work as of yet, but here’s hoping!  I officially have flight under my list of skills on my updated resume, and I think that’s going to be a deal-breaker.  I mean, come on, look at candidates.  One applicant has a degree from Harvard?  Big whoop, there’s new Harvard Graduates each year, and they don’t seem to be stopping.  I can freaking fly.  Top that, Crimson boy.  Yes, Kelly Bentz went to Harvard.
Kelly Bentz, AKA my boss, excuse me, former boss.  She made sure I wasn’t going to be working there anytime soon.  I’m sorry I missed the meeting, but I was in the middle of getting exposed to radiation!  Or something else, I don’t know…it was glowing.  But you know all that.  And for how much I hate her, and yes I totally do, Kelly did kind of help me figure out I now have superpowers.  How?  Well…it involves drinking.  A lot of drinking.  How much is a lot?  Here’s the article.
Ex-Teacher Taught a Lesson

Gary Plummer, former teacher at Fresdale high school, is facing a $500 fine for soliciting a bouncer at a local bar.  Manny Trempkin, the bouncer, apparently was asked if he wanted to go back to Mr. Plummer’s place to talk about a tree.  “In his words, it was glowing,” said Trempkin.  “I could already tell he’d had a few too many to drink, so I just called him a cab.”
Plummer, having been fired for showing up four hours late to mandatory orientations for teachers, has been showing a remarkable lack of decorum for someone charged with the responsibility of education.  “I think it’s sick,” said a concerned parent who wished to remain anonymous.  “You show up late to school, get fired, and then go solicit a man? If you ask me he should’ve been shot.”  Again, this parent asks to remain anonymous.
Gary Plummer has been contacted several times the past two days since his firing, but has declined to respond to inquiries to the reasons behind his firing, solicitation, and disappearance.

Disappearance…I was in the stratosphere!  Well…maybe not the stratosphere.  I think I need to go over the spheres again, since I’m spending so much time up there.  I do remember I was in the clouds.  Before you ask, I did solicit Manny.  Moral of the story: don’t mix vodka with tequila, rum, scotch and everclear.  Bad things will happen.  After I asked him back to my place, Manny did probably the best thing for either of us.  He threw me out of the bar.  Yes, literally threw me, out the side alley, and so hard I hit my head on the dumpster, thank God.  I started to get woozy, and the next thing I know, I’m hanging out in the clouds with a flock of geese screaming at me!  Geese!
Was I flying?  Yes.  I could do anything I wanted up there.  Soar, zoom, dive and twirl to my heart’s content.  All I had to do was picture it, and I could do it.  I never have to pay for travel fare again, or even my car!  My transportation is basically assured.
On the other hand, I’m still fired.  And as much as I love adding flying to the resume…what can I do with it?  Fight crime…I don’t think I’m going to look that good in tights.  Steal?  Don’t be ridiculous.  Get a new job…I don’t think that defying gravity is on the list of possible job qualifications.  What am I going to do?
This is the first time I’ve been back to my house since I last posted.  It’s gotten too hectic, and I don’t blame anyone.  The public think I’m a drunk, a deviant, and I used to be teaching their kids, I’d want to shoot me!  But I need to think right now.
Who needs a flyer?

No comments:

Post a Comment