Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Finding understanding is not the point! Enjoying ourselves is


Ladies and gentlemen of the jury…no…of the audience, right, that’s it!  Ladies and gentlemen of the audience, may I present myself.  Jack Holder, out of the closet as a liberal, a nerd of all shapes and sizes, and worst of all, a writer.  Worser still, a blogger!  I come before you today unabashed to show you, dear readers, just what kind of person, what kind of writer I am.
But why should you care?  There are thousands of blogs, possibly bajillions, designed for every sort of character.  It is possible that you could go to any number of these sites, and yet you are here.  And the question is why stay?
My answer is simply that I have something to say, and hope that it wants to be heard.  I consider the world around me as something that is begging to be explored, to be questioned, to be considered and most importantly, enjoyed.  As I am a nerd and an English major, my first response is to write, and now as a blogger my second response is to post, to see what you think of it.  Whether or not you hate these words on the screen is valid, and I want to know why!
From now on I’ll be posting twice a week, every Thursday and Sunday evenings, and more if the world demands such.  Thursdays I’ll post on whatever I find relevant, and whatever makes me think.  Topics will range from sports to entertainment to politics to questions I heard on the street or the way an orange rolling on the sidewalk made me feel.
Sundays I’ll post periodical fiction, or in other words, a snippet of a work to be determined.  On this I can only promise that it will provoke something within you, and I invite all responses.
Looking out at the sky right now I can see that the sun is spreading over the leaves of the tree, and that could mean that the leaves will once again try and get stuck in my air conditioner again.  The world is an interesting, infuriating, incredible space we live in.  My only choice is to write about it.

Stay strange, folks.

“(D)o any of us understand what we are doing?  If we did, would we ever do it?”
-          Henry Higgins in Pygmalion, by Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment